On many forums I have seen people posting questions like how to remove shortcut virus from pendrive?, how to fix shortcut virus?, how to clean shortcut virus?, how to delete shortcut virus? and so on for that greedy shortcut virus. This problems also comes in PC with antivirus installed. This virus create shortcut folder inside your USB Pendrive, Hard disk, PC, Memory Cards. Here I am going to explain two methods to remove shortcut virus from pendrive and other USB devices.
Check whether the files present in USB are not in hidden mode.
Follow the following steps.
- Connect your pendrive/USB/Memory Card.
- Click on the given link and download the file “AutorunExterminator” Download AutorunExterminator.
- Extract it –> Double-click on “AutorunExterminator”.
- It works in background you will cross icon in notification bar as shown below.
- This process will remove the autorun.inf files from USB/Memory Card.
- In this step you have to remove shortcut virus using CMD.
- Click on “Start” –>Run –> type cmd and click on OK.
- let me consider your drive letter as G:
- Enter the this command:
attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*
attrib G:\*.* /d /s -h -r -s
- You can copy the above command –> Right-click in the Command Prompt and paste it. Click on image to enlarge it.
Note: Don’t forget to replace the letter g with your drive letter. Give a look to your files.
- Now Download the Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware from the given link download-Malwarebytes Antimalware
- Update it –> Perform “Full Scan”
Note: Default option is “Quick Scan” change it to “Full Scan” and select your drive which you want to full scan.
- This tool actually is shortcut virus removal tool and vaccinate your USB against further viruses attack and creating shortcuts.
- Download “UsbFix” (developed by El Desaparecido) here [ Download Here]
- If your antivirus not allowing this application to run, disable antivirus temporary from control panel.
- Plug in your usb devices (USB Pendrive, Hard disk, PC, Memory Cards)
- Double click on UsbFix.exe
- Click on deletion
- Note that it will restart your PC. It will work itself.
- Access your deletion report at ( C:\UsbFix.txt )
- For more tutorial you can visit official site [Click Here]
- This tool will help to remove shortcut virus from pendrive.
I hope you enjoyed reading tutorial on how to remove shortcut virus from pendrive. If you know more USB shortcut virus removal tools or method please let us know via comment section.